Monday, June 02, 2003

Slice of life

Wanted to update my blog last weekend but got caught up with stuff and that plan fell through.

Any way ... a nice weekend all around. Decided to get my nephew on of those RC cars instead of a stuffed toy this year. It was only after I've paid for the thing that I remembered that my brother got one for him a few months ago. Turns out that my nephew already trashed that one a few weeks back so my gift wasn't so bad. Also we decided to celebrate by other nephew's birthday early as well ... since my family won't be around on his birthday next week. For him I bought a bunch of hard cover children's classics since you can never go wrong by giving people books. I hope that he'll enjoy them but from the look from his face, I could tell that he was expecting something else. Kids nowadays just don't appreciate the power of curling in a warm bed with a favorite book!

Decided to get a hair cut last weekend. The usual ... buzz cut on the sides and back, leave the top. I've always had this thing about buzz cuts. For one I can't never stand having my hair grow long ... it's just drives me crazy. I've always like the feel of a buzz cut on on my own head or anyone else for that matter. Kinda reminds me of this barber place that I used to go to when I was in Madison. I think it was called "BuzzCuts" or something and they mainly cater to the college students. It was cheap and most of the people who went there were either frat guys or the football team (who were not that bad to the eyes anyway). I had some of the best conversations there while waiting for my turn on the barber's chair. Oh ... glory days.

This week would be something to look forward to. We'll be having our outsorcing briefing this coming Friday. The outcome of that will determine whether I'll be staying with my current job or be taking off to other pastures. Also I've got that annual dinner this coming weekend. The theme this year is "Hindi Movies" ... god knows what I'm going to wear for that!

No comments: