Friday, June 13, 2003

Hectic Weekend Ahead

It’s already end of business on Friday and I still don’t have any firm plans for the weekend. Initially I thought of going to the bank tomorrow to pay up my CC bills but the I realized that they would be closed this Saturday as replacement for last weekend’s public holiday. Looks like I have to take 1 day off sometime in the next 2 week to pay up my bills before they are overdue.

Since that plan is scratched, I guess that I could just go through the DVDs that I haven’t had the chance to watch yet. Received another 2 from Amazon.com today. One is “The Sum of Us” with a young Russell Crowe and the other is “It’s My Party”. The reviews that I’ve seen looks favorable and they do come with audio commentaries so that would be enjoyable to go through. On that same note, it seems that they finally release the whole set of Indiana Jones on DVD. The price of the box set seems reasonable for 4 DVDs. Can’t wait for that to come.

I also still have to fix my home internet connection. Somehow the setting crapped out on me when I reformatted my laptop. Hopefully I could fix that this weekend or else I have a whole boatload of email to go though next week. Not that any of them are important but I just hate it when my inbox become clogged by spam.

The only other thing that I can think of doing this weekend is to go down to 1-Utama to pickup my monthly comics from the shop. I’ve been doing this for the past 14 years so much so that my mum always rag me on the obscene amount that I’ve spent on comics throughout the years. But I find myself hard pressed to stop from buying those comics month after month. It’s like I have to know what happens next to the characters that have been a part of my life for so long. I’m like the character Michael in QAF-US. Maybe there is some truth in what they say about gay boys and comics.

Reading this it seems that I do have a lot to do this weekend. I just wish that I had someone to do it with.

No comments: