Monday, June 09, 2003

The Company Dinner

This blog was supposed to be posted on Sunday but I had the most difficult time uploading to Blogger.com.

Sunday, 8th June 2003
The company annual dinner yesterday went smoothly better than I expected. It was truly worth all the time and effort spent in the last few months. Everyone seems to enjoy themselves at the dinner and the food didn’t receive any complaints this year. Most of the attendees came dressed to theme and we had a difficult time choosing the winners for best dressed male and female. Funny thing was that I was told that I was a shoo in for best dressed male that night! I, of course, asked to be disqualified on account that I was part of the organizing committee. But still, it was exhilarating to be a contender.

I must say that during the dinner, I was distracted by one of the banquet staff on duty that night. He was kinda cute and kept throwing glances at me all night long. He was not the only one since I was also stealing glances at him. But being the chicken that I was, I was not about to do anything especially in front of so many people from work. That would just be suicide. So I spent the whole night standing not two feet from him and occasionally catching him look at me from the corner of my eye. Needless to say, I had a lot of frustration to work out by the end of the dinner. Good thing they had an open dance floor at the end of the function. I think I must have been dancing for a good three hours non-stop last night with anyone who would join me! I didn’t even care that they played some heavy metal Metallica shit that nobody can dance to at the end of the night.

Woke up this morning just deliciously aching from head to toe. Age must be catching up to me. Used to be a time that I could just dance to the wee hours and not feel anything the next morning. Guess that I’ll be hanging up my dancing shoes soon. Spent the whole day just vegetating in front of the TV watching DVDs to recover. Anyway … tomorrow is the start of another week.

No comments: