Saturday, June 07, 2003

More outsourcing discussions

This blog was suppose to be posted earlier but other things got in the away so here it is better late than never.

Today we had our outsourcing benefits meeting. Coming into the meeting, I promised myself that I don’t set my expectations too high about the benefits package that would be offered. I didn’t want to get disappointed if the package was not as high or as good as I wanted. True enough it was neither. While the new company met all the current benefits, I did lose some minor items. I’m thankful enough that at least all the major ticket items like pay and health benefits were comparable to the one I’m enjoying today with my current company. Well … in order to be comparable with some of the current benefits, they had to increase my base pay to match what I would no longer enjoy. So I did get a pay raise out of it. This means more taxes to pay but I’ll manage.

After the meeting, my boss called me in to discuss about my future plans. I frankly told him that I need to look deep into myself before deciding if this is what I want for myself. He commented that he noticed that I’ve been lagging behind in my work lately and that he understand that it was related to the stress and uncertainties with the outsourcing program. I basically told him that I’m just a little burned out having to do the same thing at work for 7 years. Day in and out, I come to work feeling numb and sometimes bored out of my skull! He did promise me that he’ll look into it and see if there is something new that I could try. Hopeful he could find one before I drop dead from boredom. BTW .. he did mentioned that I spent too much company time surfing the web. Hahaa … BUSTED!!! Got to do something about that soon.

Tomorrow night is the annual company dinner. Finally decided to spend some money and get a kurta to wear to the function tomorrow. Got one from Jln Masjid India at a reasonable price (I think). I don’t know how many times that I would wear it but I have one now. I guess I could keep it around for the next function like I do for my tuxedo. Just hope that it would still fit the next time I have to wear it. Anyway … I have to be there early tomorrow for the preparation so better get some shut eye now. Need to be bright and bushy tail tomorrow.

No comments: