Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Phobias

I woke up this morning with a terrible headache. I think that I have some sort of gum infection or something. There was this throbbing pain that kept me up all night and it still hurts a bit throughout the day. I think it’s from the 2nd molar that I had capped a few months ago. I don’t think that I bit on anything hard and chipped it but it hurts like hell so I’ve must have done something to it. At least the pain is down to a dull continuous throbbing now so it’s a bit bearable. I have to get some aspirin when I get back today for the pain. If things get worse, I may have to pay my local dentist a visit. I hate going to the dentist.

Well … actually hate is a harsh word. I’m actually afraid of visits to the dentist. It’s one of my pet peeves, right up there with my phobia of snakes, clowns and drag queens. The thought of having someone put metal instruments in and poking around in my mouth scares me shitless. I always try to avoid going to the dentist if I can so when I do go, the bill is astronomical. Somehow, I need to find away to overcome this phobia so when the next time I go, it won’t be too expensive and dreadful. Maybe I just need to find the right incentive to go regularly. A cute dentist might work.

It’s still raining heavily outside. It seems to rain every evening lately which is strange since it’s suppose to be the dry season until early Aug. I guess that the weather patterns have been screwed up lately. Since there is nothing much on TV tonight, I just have to amuse myself with some DVDs. Good thing that my copy of “Giant” arrived from Amazon.com today. Yay me! Although I’ve seen that movie at least 10 times, I can never tire of watching James Dean in that movie. Every time I see it, I can’t help but wonder how far he might have gone had his not been killed in that terrible accident soon after completing “Giant”. He was taken far before his prime and I guess that what makes his appeal enduring generations after generations.

No comments: