Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Small Steps

Halfway through the process audits today. Most of the interviews that I arranged for the auditors with our system admins have been completed and they (the auditors) seem to be satisfied with what they have heard up to this point which is a relief for me. I’ve been working my butt off these past 3 months to make sure that every thing goes smoothly for this audit hoping that the management would finally acknowledge the hard work I put in to ensure that they don’t get a write up in one of these yearly audits. I’ve been the go to guy to help prepare the team for the audits for the past few years that I might as well get credit for it instead of quietly filing it under things to do.

So I just have 2 more days with the auditors and then I would be able to put this behind me until the next round of audits. Truthfully that it not entirely true as I do need to continue monitoring the process compliance to make sure that when the next audit rolls around, we would have evidence of continuous improvement and adherence to the process. As if I don’t already have enough to do with what I am suppose to do at work.

In other news (heh), I’ve decided to add a collection of links to my secondary and tertiary alma mater on my blog. I’ve always been very reluctant to put items of a personal nature on this blog for obvious reasons but I thought that I try this out and see how it feels to be a bit more vulnerable on the Net. This small measure of a step is actually both thrilling and frightening at the same time. It’s risky and so out of character for me, the quintessential risk-avoider, that I can’t help but wonder if this is some sort of a plaintive cry for attention/discovery.

What would I actually do if confronted with someone who could recognize me from my blog despite me using a nom de plume?

No comments: