Thursday, June 16, 2005

Came In The Mail Today

I’m so excited !

The copy of the 50th Anniversary edition of “East of Eden” and “Rebel Without A Cause” 2-disk DVD set that I ordered from Amazon.com arrived today in the mail. I must have watched these 2 movies more than 20 times each but I have yet to tire of watching James Dean in action. He is still my favorite actor even if he has been dead for 50 years now. I remember growing up wanting to be cool like he was in “Rebel Without A Cause”. I also identified personally with his anguish at his failed attempts at getting his father’s approval in “East of Eden”. For the longest time I had my fair share of fantasies involving him in that famous red jacket.

I took a sneak peak at several scenes as soon as I came back from the office and was pleasantly surprised to see the quality of the restoration work done on the file. I’m really looking forward to watching the supplementary material on the DVD. I guess that I would be able to write up about it in this blog once I’ve finished watching the set.

PS: It seems that they will be showing “Desperate Housewives’ on 8TV in July. That’ll be something to look forward to on TV.

No comments: