Friday, August 22, 2003

Friday Five

I had the most wonderful day away from the office today. I decided to sleep in until about noon before going out to do stuff that I usually have to wait for the weekend to do. I guess that I would have this weekend free for myself for a change although S did call me up yesterday so most probably I'll be spending this coming weekend at his place. I also met up with my insurance agent who convinced me to sign up for additional income protection insurance. The premiums are a bit steep compared to my other premiums that I have to pay now but I do believe that they are worth it in the event of anything bad happening to me. In any event, I still get to cash out the policy with dividends at the age of 65 if nothing happens so I just see this as an additional investment in my portfolio. This way, not only do I get covered in the event of any unfortunate circumstance but I'm also forced to keep some money aside as savings which is good for me as I'm never any good at money management.

Anyway, the answers to this week's Friday Five is listed here.

1. When was the last time you laughed?
3 hours ago ... I think. I don't really keep track of when I laugh but it would surely be in the near past. I actually try to have a good laugh at least once a day be it by talking with other people or by reading something funny. I do actually believe the old adage that "Laughter is the Best Medicine". There is nothing like a good laugh to clear out those mental cobwebs cluttering the brain.

2. Who was the last person you had an argument with?
I would say that this was with my boss yesterday. We were arguing about how best to proceed with a particular problem at work. His views of the issue at hand didn’t really sync with mine so we had a bit of a tiff about how best to achieve a common understanding of the problem. In the end, we both decided that we would agree to disagree and go with my solution first.

3. Who was the last person you emailed?
As part of work, email is fast becoming the preferred mode of communication. So I would have to say that the last person I emailed would be one of my helpdesk technicians to tell them that I would be away from office today. I rarely email my friends and families as I would much rather talk to them on the phone rather than using an impersonal email.

4. When was the last time you bathed?
20 minutes ago. Malaysia is too hot and humid to skip any baths without stinking to high heaven. To the best of my knowledge, everyone here is conditioned to take at least 2 baths/showers a day if not more. This might explain why we just can’t understand why some tourists can ignore this rule when they are visiting the country.

5. What was the last thing you ate?
About 3 “BlackJack” from the local BreadStory store. It’s a pepper spiced sausage baked into a wheat roll that is also a bit peppery. I am just crazy about them and could eat a bunch of them in one sitting. They are actually taste better after you leave them overnight in the fridge and put some chunky spicy salsa dip on them.

No comments: