Friday, August 08, 2003

Friday Five

Answers to this week's questions on Friday Five :

1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?
The last place that I traveled outside of Malaysia was to Hong Kong for 2 weeks on business. It was my 3rd trip there and I've basically done all the touristy stuff during that trip. Hong Kong was a bit faster pace that I'm usually used to but that made the trip exciting.

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?
I have to say the most bizarre thing that ever happened to me while traveling must be the time I hookup with a total stranger while enroute to Malaysia from Los Angeles. We met at the Malaysian Airlines ticket counter while I was standing in line behind her. She was a young American girl who was traveling with a violin case which looked out of place with all her luggage. She was having some problems with her plane tickets and was looking for some help. I offered to help her with the ticket office and once her problem was cleared up, we ended up having some drinks at the airport before boarding. Once we found her seat after we boarded the plane, she asked the guy sitting next to her if he would mind changing seats with me so she'll have some company on the long flight. The guy sort of smirked at me and agreed to exchange his seat with mine. We spent the whole 28 hrs journey cuddling and making out (when they switched off the cabin lights) till we reached KL International Airport. She did suggest that we did more, namely try for the mile high club, but I wasn't drunk enough to agree. Once we disembarked at KL International Airport, we kissed goodbye and went on our separate ways as she had another flight to Australia to catch. Funny thing was, I never caught her name and she never asked for mine! If the girl was a guy who look like he had just step out of a A&F catalog then the events might probably turn out differently :)

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?
I have to make a choice between going to Ireland or Madison, Wisconsin. I always wanted see the emerald rolling hills of the Irish country side for the longest time but I also miss my old collage stomping grounds at Mad Town. If money, time and opportunity were not an issue, I might do both in one trip.

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
Traveling by plane is still a novel thing for me to do but there is a certain mystique about traveling by train. If I have to choose between the two, I would have to say that I prefer traveling by train. I hate going on long journeys by car since I get car-sick easily.

5. What's the next place on your list to visit?
I'll be traveling to Singapore on business in a couple of weeks. It has been awhile since I've been there but Singapore is so much like home that I don't really expect anything exciting to happen on this trip. I wished that they were sending me to someplace I've never been before.

No comments: