Friday, August 01, 2003

Friday Five

Easy questions this week from Friday Five.

1. What time do you wake up on weekday mornings?
My alarm clock goes off at 6:15am but usually I put it on snooze for another 15 minutes so I’m usually only up at 6:30am.

2. Do you sleep in on the weekends? How late?
On weekends that I don’t have to do any banking, I would try to sleep in and catch up on my sleep which is usually until at least 10am. On bank weekends (2nd & 4th weekend of the month), I usually have to get up by 8am to make sure that I get to the bank before it gets too busy. I’ll get a past due notice on my CC bill if I miss those weekends.

3. Aside from waking up, what is the first thing you do in the morning?
Turn off my alarm clock which is set so loud that it could wake up the dead! After that I usually turn on my CD player and play whichever CD I left in the night before to get into the mood to face a new day. At the moment, I keep Gareth Gates’s debut CD ‘What My Heart Wants to Say” in the CD player. I just love waking up to his version of “Unchained Melody”

4. How long does it take to get ready for your day?
It takes me an hour to get ready for a new day and I don’t even need to wear any make-up! I know some friends who are ready in like 5 minutes but I take 5 minutes just to get started. I don’t know if any other guys take as much time as me to get ready but you can almost set a clock on how long it takes me to prepare in the morning.

5. When possible, what is your favorite place to go for breakfast?
Breakfast??? I think that the last time I actually sat down for a proper breakfast on weekdays was when I was in secondary school 13 years ago! I usually would only have time to grab a few energy bars or some toast before walking to my office which is about 30 minutes away from where I live. I don’t drive to work because traffic is a murder.

The only times that I get the chance to actually have breakfast would be on the weekends that I don’t sleep in. Most often than not, I would go to a nearby food stall which sells my favorite breakfast “Nasi Lemak” (Coconut Rice). The one they have there is simply to die for and portions are huge for such a cheap price of about RM3 (USD 80 cents) with all the trimmings.

No comments: