Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Home alone.

The office was not as empty as I expected today as there are a few of my Chinese colleagues who were still working today. I guess that they would be on leave starting tomorrow when they start to make their way back to their hometowns for their reunion dinners. I wonder how many people will turn up to work tomorrow?

My mum has already made plans to take my younger siblings with her and meet up with my father who is currently in Tioman Island for work. If I did not have to be in KL on stand-by, I would surely join them as I have never been to Tioman myself. Maybe I could plan something with S next time. He did say that he wanted to learn how to scuba dive one day and that sounds interesting although I wonder if one is allowed to get a diving license if they don’t know how to swim?

Anyway... I recently bought a Sony Playstation 2, an early birthday present for myself, which should keep me occupied during the upcoming Chinese New Year holidays. I’ve stocked up with enough of my favorite CRPG games for the console that I think that I would wear out the controllers pretty soon. I’ve also have a bunch of new DVDs that I have not had the chance to go through which will keep me glued to the TV as well as “The Last Samurai” starting its run this week on the cinemas. All in all, there is a lot for me to look forward to this week.

Come to think of it, I don’t know what is sadder, me buying myself a PS2 for my 31st birthday or that I actually look forward to spend most of the time indoors in front of an idiot box alone.

No comments: