Friday, January 16, 2004

Friday? Fabulous....

A bunch of my office staff will be taking their extended vacation for Chinese New Year beginning next Monday and it would be most likely that I would have the office all to myself next week. Despite the long holidays, I have pulled stand-by duty for the whole of next week to cover those who will be taking the week off. I guess that’s part of the job when you’re the minority in a mostly Chinese staffed office. The job still pays me a monthly paycheck so I can’t complain.

Weekend plans? Saturday is still up in the air. I may go a watch LOTR: ROTK again or maybe some other movie. I don’t think that the Last Samurai is playing locally yet. The other option is to go down to the Kinokuniya bookstore in KLCC to see if they got the latest Christopher Rice novel in stock yet. I got both of his earlier novels there which was surprising considering the subject matter. I wonder if they actually do have a gay fiction section that I don’t know about.

Sunday is already fixed. I’m going to go order my new TV and home theater system. I’m stocked about that which just goes to show how much of a gadget geek I am.

Friday Five is back. Listed below are my answers to this week’s quiz.

1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails?
Depending on which email you’re looking out. On my work email, the normal confidential clause comes preset on my signature line. On my personal mail, nothing. I don’t bother too much about the cutesy quotes after my customary “Cheers”.

2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? What was it? If you haven't graduated yet, what would you like your quote to be?
In my high school yearbook, if one can call it a year book, my senior quote was “Veni, Vidi, Vici” which translates to “I came, I saw, I conquered”. I’ve actually forgotten why I choose that.

3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? If you already have them, what do they say?
I don’t think that we are allowed to have vanity plates in Malaysia. If they did allow it, I would probably choose my high school nickname.

4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say?
I got a shale paperweight as a birthday present from E once which had the inscription “Eternal. Forever. Together”. This was back when we were still an item. Sadly, I lost that paperweight when I was in Madison. Never really got over that lost.

5. What would you like your epitaph to be?
Although epitaphs on tombstones are not culturally common here, I guess I could go with “Not Alone Anymore”.

No comments: