Friday, January 06, 2006

The Sweetest Sin

My copy of Frank Miller's Sin City (Recut, Extended, Unrated) DVD came in the mail yesterday and I’m really looking forward to finally watch it. Due to the nature of the material, it goes without saying that it was not shown in the local cinemas during it’s initial run last year. I purposely skipped buying the first release of the DVD because there were already news of an extended version being released when the first DVD went on sale. It was a good thing that I waited because not only do I get the same material from the previous DVD release on disk 1 but I also get an extended cut and a whole boatload of new material created exclusively for this DVD set on the second disk. They also included a copy of the original graphic novel that inspired one of the segments in the movie. It would be fun to compare the scenes on screen with the ones out of the book and see how that closely they repoduce the printed images.

I have not sit through the whole DVD yet although I did initially plan to do so this weekend. Seeing that I will be spending this coming weekend at my parent’s house and going for a second attempt at dodol-making for Aidil Adha, I may not be able to find the time to sit thorough the whole set. Not being able to view it on my own home theater setup at my apartment would also be an additional mark on the minus column of viewing it this weekend.


(what's in the package - pic curtesy of Amazon.com)

I guess that a review of the DVD set will have to wait for another day.

No comments: