Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Brave New Year

First entry of the year.

Wahoo!

New Year 2006 has come and gone. I didn’t do much over the New Year break as I didn’t really made any special plans to mark the occasion. S did came to my apartment seeking refuge from his in-laws and we spent the night watching both (the one at Dataran Merdeka and KLCC) live New Year Eve concerts on TV before he had to leave at around 11pm. I guess he wanted to make sure that I didn’t drown myself in my Ben & Jerry’s since I haven’t actually called him for a while.

Watched the fireworks at Sunway Pyramid from the balcony of my apartment when the clock struck midnight. Whoever planned them this year did a pathetic job at it. They usually put up a better display than this the other times that they had fireworks but this occasion pales in comparison to the ones they did last year.

I actually wanted to put in my first entry of the year with a new look to the blog but somehow I’m lagging behind in the site face-lift effort. I blame the new laptop that the company has “graciously” assigned to me to replace my old laptop just before the New Year break. My new laptop is a beauty with 1GB RAM, the latest Intel Centrino chips, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 14.1” of SXGA screen running on a 64MB ATI Radeon graphics chip. Suffice to say, I’ve been trawling the dungeons of “Dungeon Siege II” for almost all my waking hours these past few days and it has never looked so sweet.

What’s in store for 2006? Blog-wise, unless something interesting worth mentioning happens, I’ll continue putting up previews/reviews of items that I have run across may it be DVDs, movies, music or TV shows. I definitely would be trying to recap the next season of “Malaysian Idol” if they are still planning for a 3rd season after the debacle of last season’s final result (btw, Nita rawked rings around Daniel during both New Year concerts). Although I’m finally putting in Astro in my apartment this year, I don’t think I’ll be recapping any of the Akademi Fantasia stuff because they are already sites that do a much better job than I could ever do.

Personally, I have one or two projects in the works but I don’t want to put anything here at the moment for fear that I might jinx them. I may write more about them once the details are firmer.

Thanks for continuing to stop by.

2 comments:

akihisa said...

Hey ! Felt like I haven't been here in ages. ;-p. Finally installed ASTRO, I see. Me, I can't live without my ASTRO. Given the influx of new pay-TV stations like MiTV and such, I thought you would be tempted to try them. Well, keep up with the reviews. I love reading them.

Happy New Year, Nick !

Ahmad

Nickxandar said...

Had planned to put Astro in when I moved into my new apartment but since the completion date has been pushed back again I gave that plan up. The free TV reception in my current apt sucks anyway.