Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Crybaby ....

My copy of the “Dawson’s Creek: Series Finale” DVD finally came in the mail today! I was so excited about finally getting it that I decided to take off early from work today and rushed home to watch the DVD. Once I reached home, I quickly changed into something more comfortable, pop in the DVD in the player and settled down to watch the best 2 hours of television that I have watched in a while. Of course I have to mention that I totally turned into a sobbing mess watching the poignant scenes in the DVD. I was sobbing my eyes out like baby that I was thankful that none of my housemates were around to watch me cry at watching a stupid teen angst television show. They already make fun of the way I always end up in tears at the end of “E.T. The Extra-terrestrial" and I don’t need to give them more fodder to rib me with. Anyway ... tonight I’m totally exhausted and emotionally wrung out from watching the DVD. I still have to sit through one more sitting of the whole thing to listen to the commentary track or else I would not be able to sleep tonight thinking about it. I just hope that I would be able to control my emotions this time.

I also got news today that the business trip that I suppose to be on this month has been rescheduled for this coming November. If all goes well, I will have to travel to Penang from the 3rd to the 11th of next month and then to Singapore from the 12th until the 21st. Tried as I might to avoid it, it seems that I’ll be spending almost all of the fasting month this year on the road, which I totally hate. It means that I would have to cancel my annual breaking of fast get together with my friends this year. I’ve been having it every year without fail for the past 7 years that I really hate to have to cancel it this year. Of course this also means that I don’t get to break fast with my family this year since I will only be back in town just in time for Hari Raya (Eid Mubarak). Since it doesn’t seem to be anyway of getting myself out of this arrangement, I guess that I have to suck it up and just do it. I just hope that they put me up at a nice hotel this time around. I got to choose the hotel that I wanted to stay in when I was in my old company but I don’t know if they have the same policy in my current one. Hopefully they would have but I guess I would know more when they give me the reservations.

No comments: