Friday, October 10, 2003

Friday Five

I am so bummed out that my “Dawson’s Creek: Series Finale” DVD has not arrived yet as of today. I was so looking forward to watch it this weekend. I shouldn’t be though since I still have my Angel and Smallville sets to go through but I was so eager to what DC for myself after reading what other people have posted on the TWoP DC discussion thread.

No plans for the weekend yet so I don’t know if that is a good or a bad thing. I may just end up vegetating in front of the TV or go out and buy that Anne Rice’s “Blackwood Farm” paperback that I saw at the shop last week. Anyway ... you kiddies out there have a nice weekend.

Questions and my answers for this week’s Friday Five.

1. Do you watch sports? If so, which ones?
I rarely watch sports show on TV. I usually tune them out unless if they were fairly important games or something that I know people will be talking about the next morning at work. Might as well get some flavor of what happened during the game so I don’t look like a dork the next morning when people start talking about it.

Usually I would either watch the games from the local soccer league, my old school rugby matches, the national badminton team matches or Formula 1 races. I also still follow NFL and NCAA Football news although I don’t actually get to seen any matches locally.

2. What/who are your favorite sports teams and/or favorite athletes?
If I have any sports teams and/or favorite athletes that I even remotely try to stay current with their news, it would have to be my two favorite American football teams, Green Bay Packers and UW-Madison Badgers.

3. Are there any sports you hate?
I absolutely abhor WWE wrestling, if you can call it a sport, with a vengeance. Unfortunately for me, my housemate is a big fan and would often subject me to hours of it unless I manage to get to the TV remote first before he does.

4. Have you ever been to a sports event?
Yes, mostly for rugby games that my old secondary school played. I’ve also watched some Badger’s home games while I was in college which was tons of fun especially the traditional fifth-quarter parties. Sadly, I have not been able to go and watch any games live in a stadium since I’ve been back and started working. Too busy to care, I guess.

5. Do/did you play any sports (in school or other)? How long did you play?
As a rule I avoid getting involved in any type of sports because I seriously think that I am jinxed when it comes to playing sports since I always seemed to get injured in every type of sport I’ve tried. To date I have broken my nose three times playing softball, cracked my ankle playing field hockey, broke my collar bone 4 times playing rugby, tore my back muscles at archery and dislocated my shoulder during shot put among many sporting related injuries that I can remember.

I’ve tried almost all types of sports in school at one time or another and it only lasts until I get injured or something. I guess that someone or something is telling me that I don’t do sports.

No comments: