Friday, September 05, 2003

Friday Five

I’m spending the weekend at my parents house this weekend since I’ve have not been back for about a month now and she has started making some noise about it. Good thing that I have her belated birthday gift, which I finally decided on some silk material for her to make some baju kurung, to give to her and hopefully help to smooth things out. At least until the next time she feels neglected because I don’t come to see her more often.

Anyway, it’s Friday and the following are this week’s Friday Five questions and my responses.

1.What housekeeping chore(s) do you hate doing the most?
Housekeeping??? Yuck! I’m definitely one of those bachelors who never out grew their slob phase even after all these years. I may even have dust bunnies under my bed that might have achieved sentience if not already planning to join some galactic confederation. I’m happy to say that at least I draw the line at leaving foodstuff lying around the house but I definitely hate doing housekeeping and cleaning the bathroom has to be the one I hate most.

2. Are there any that you like or don't mind doing?
If there is one housekeeping chore that I don’t mind doing it has to be ironing. Somehow I find the repetitive actions involved in ironing calming for me. I’m also a bit picky about how my clothes are ironed (see response for question 4).

3. Do you have a routine throughout the week or just clean as it's needed?
To be frank, I only clean up my place up when even I myself can’t stand how it looks which is usually about a month after other people tell me I should do it. Usually, if the place doesn’t smell funny and I can still find things when I need them then I’m still ok in terms of the chores. My Mum of course refuse to come to my place until I straighten things up so I may have to do it earlier if I know she is coming to visit.

4. Do you have any odd cleaning/housekeeping quirks or rules?
I never let anyone else but myself iron my laundry. I’m obsessed about getting the perfect crease on my shirts and pants that nothing less will do. I would also insist of having my clothes starched before ironing so the crease will be just perfect and last longer as well as having them smell fresher.

5. What was the last thing you cleaned?
I think it was my computer desk at home since I couldn’t find things that I need after I put them there. I had to clear months of junk mail, old magazines, CDs and other odds and ends before I could finally see the surface of the table. It was only then that I remembered how much I hated the color of my computer desk.

No comments: