Friday, August 01, 2008

Blipvert Update

Blipvert #1

Saw a news article a few days back that creators of Facebook’s Scrabulous is suspending the application after a lawsuit was slapped on the creators for the application by Hasbro Inc who owned licensing rights to Scrabble which the application was based on. Logged on to the application after I read it and found that it was still accessible so I think that the suspension might only be for the North American territories only. Still, if the Hasbro wins the lawsuit then Scrabulous might possibly be removed permanently and it might also include access from other users outside of North American territories.

Used to really hate Scrabble but this online version of the game on Facebook really got me sucked in to the game. It would definitely be a shame to see it go especially when the official version seems to only be available to users with North American territory IP address. I think I read an article that reported that they reasoning for this was that due to cultural difference, Scrabble players are clustered in the same geographic location. I guess no one told them what being online means geographically.

Blipvert #2

Will be taking a city break and heading out to Melaka for the weekend with the gang. At first I was planning for an island getaway in Pulau Pangkor but on reviewing the travel plans, it looked like it would take longer for us to get there than us relaxing on the island itself. My second option was a overnight stay in the forest at Serendah Resort near Rawang which I have been wanting to go to ever since I found out about it from another blogger. Unfortunately the glass cabin that I wanted to rent out was fully booked all the way till Oct.

I’m looking forward for this trip as the last time that I went to Melaka was back in 1990 and it was an overnight stay there after arriving very late from Seremban. I didn’t get to see any of the sights the last time I was there so I’m really excited about seeing the place where our country’s history began. The prospect of walking down Jonker St and savoring Melaka’s signature food dishes will definitely keep me in high spirits until I get there tomorrow.

Till next update, y’all have a great weekend ahead.

No comments: