Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blipvert Update

Blipvert #1

You definitely know when I don’t really have much to write about in the blog when I start falling back to the blipvert format. Things have been fairly routine of late and the few things that are not of the routine … well .. lets just say that they are not blogworthy or blogready to be included here yet.

Blipvert #2

California Fitness gym will be holding their 3 hours charity spinning event this coming 2nd of Aug. I had earlier planned to join in the event considering that they were going to do it at my CaliFit gym branch in Sunway especially when I found out that they will be doing it in the indoor studio instead of Sunway Pyramid concourse that they originally planned. The thought having your behind off the seat, sweating buckets on the bike in such a public space was enough to make me want to run for the hills when they came with the sign up sheet.

In the end, I decide not to join in this year as the date conflicted with another event that I have already planned with friends. I don’t know if I’m even ready for a full 3 hour session yet since the classes that I’ve been in were only 1 hour in duration. I usually come out of those classes totally drenched with sweat and I dread to imagine the state I would end up with if I decided to go with a 3 hour session. I may do it next time when the opportuinity comes up again since it is for a good cause.

Blipvert #3

I realized that I have not really blogged/reviewed any movies at all this year. I still go to movies when I can but just don’t feel up to reviewing them like I used to. I guess maybe I’m not as excited about writing down my thoughts after watching each movie that I seen this year. It’s not that there has been a dearth of exciting movies, in fact I thought that the recent “Dark Knight” movie was brilliant even if it was overly long, but I just not feeling the compulsion to write reviews any more lately. I much prefer sitting back and enjoying the movies with a less critical eye nowadays.

Blipvert #4

I very rarely follow what’s happening with politics in the country because I find the whole subject distasteful. I am of the opinion that none of the politicians, on both sides of the Dewan, are to be trusted when they say anything to the media. Everyone is playing a spin game to further their own personal agendas and to come out on the top. With recent reports like the finger pointing statements and vague mathematics used to justify unnecessary spending of funds in the media, one could be forgiven to think that the country is not heading to a place that we would like to see it head. They say that it could take one person to change things but you’ll be hard pressed to find any politician voted in power today that fit that bill.

It’s hard not to be apathetic towards them when all they do is everything else other than the business of running the nation.

No comments: