Saturday, March 31, 2007

Workout Progress - March '07

For March, I continued my focus on changes to my diet and workout duration. Based on some discussions that I had with one of the personal trainers from the gym, I made some changes to my diet plan and tweaked it a bit to make it more realistic to my current schedule. I’m still sticking to the small meals, more frequency plan in hopes of increasing my metabolism on top of the workout that I’m currently doing. Weight-wise, I’m still fluctuating between the 78 to 81 range depending on how much I take in and how heavy my workout is for the day. I will still be watching out for that as the yo-yoing weight might not be too good for me.

Diet plan in March :
Breakfast
- Alfalfa sprouts with black pepper on 2 pieces of lightly buttered wholemeal toast
- 2 Bananas
Brunch
- 1 serving of plan fried rice with tempeh goreng or greens
- 1 hardboiled egg (alternate working days – 2 whole eggs total per week)
Lunch
- 1 Spirulina cereal 3 in 1 mix.
Dinner
- skip dinner on alternate days or get/make something roughly less than 300kcal
Snacks
- 1 Nature Valley Roasted Almond Granola bar
Workout Days
- diluted tomato juice during workout
- protein shake 2 hrs after workout

Supplements :
Balance Liquid L-Carnitine – 10ml per day + 10ml pre workout
EAS Creatine Powder – 10mg x per day + 10mg pre workout
EAS Myoplex Deluxe Protein Shake – ½ serving post workout
21st Century’s HerbalLipo Tea – 1 serving per week day

Per February plan, I did go out a purchase a measuring tape to start keep a record of my body measurements. However I feel more than a little embarrassed to put them up on the blog unlike the InBody Scan results. The InBody scans dealt with measurements that can’t really be seen outright whereas the tape measurements are very revealing of how bad in shape I am currently. On one hand I want to continue to be objective about the whole process and not be bothered about it but somehow it is a major hurdle for me to overcome before I can put those baseline measurements public. For now, I am considering to only put the improvement deltas up from next month onwards.

Looking forward in April, I’m planning to up the resistance level for my bicep curls and body lifts and be more disciplined with the form that I use during my workouts. I’m also currently scheduling my workout session around what’s on TV which is not really a good way of doing it. I just can’t go without my daily allowance of the idiot box! Working out later after the shows that I want to watch is done is not really an option since I won’t be able to fall a sleep at night if I work out too late. I am hoping that that a new higher intensity, low rep workout plan would be able to give me as much if not better gains as my current workouts.

No comments: