Thursday, May 29, 2003

Watching Too Much TV

Pre blog musings.

Thought that I start off with some stuff from earlier this week.

Sub: Dawson's Creek
I'm really sad that to hear that this series has ended :( I really liked this series ... from what I manage to watch on M'sian TV and from the time I was in the States. I would also really miss my weekly DC recaps fix from http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com ... they really don't spare the snark!

From the recaps and forum at the TWOP site, I gather that the series finale was well recieved and that many were pleased with how the J/P/D triangle got sorted out finally. Also read that MW ran circles around everybody else in terms of acting ... sigh ... now I just have to be patient and wait until they release DC S6 on DVD. Hopefully it would not be a long wait ... until then I have to be satisfied with DC S1 DVD set.

BTW ... Jackers and Doug ... sigh. I'll pay good money to see that.

Sub: Babylon 5 Season 2.
Finally got around to listen to the audio commentary from the latest B5 DVD release last night and throughly enjoyed it. JMS's track is as enjoyable as B5 S1 collection though he does seem to be obsessed about hair and tables this time around. The best audio track has to be the cast commentary ... it's a total laugh riot! The chia pet hair comment really crack me up.

The set is definitely a keeper. I guess that I should start saving for future sets. Man ... I can just hear my credit card groaning. Last year was from the ST:TNG sets ... this year it's the B5, Angel & DC sets. Not to mention the X-Files set ... grrr.

Note to self : Should plan to get more selves for the DVD's. Running out of space soon with the set boxes.

Sub: Misc.
It's Thusday so tonight is Angel night. They just started showing season 3 on TV2 and I don't want to miss and episode. Yeah ... I've read the recaps on TWOP many, many times over but so what. Seeing goofy,dopey DB again every week now is definitely a high point of the week. I know ... it's pathetic but hey ... I'll take whatever I can get.

No comments: