Friday, May 30, 2003

On Buying Presents

Got a call form Mum today. She reminded me about the Sunday afternoon tea for my nephew's birthday. Guess I have to get him a present tomorrow. Last year I gave him a big stuffed gorrilla ... the look on his face was priceless when he opened the box.

Don't really know what he would like this year. What do 2-year olds like anyway these days? I know that he was into dinosaurs after watching that dino story over and over again on CD sometime back ... wonder if he still like them? I've never been good at buying presents ... too critical I guess. I always want to make sure that my presents would be something that the receiver remembers me by at least until the following year's birthday.

Sometimes this leads me to give the same present year after year. Case in point is my yearly present to S. It's to the point that he doesn't even have to guess what it would be since it is always a bottle of Tommy perfume year in and out. I always tell him that that will remind him of me for a long time to come.

I guess I'll try that Toyland store at Sunway Piramid tomorrow. It's been opened for sometime but I've never been inside it although I'm pratically in Sunway Piramid almost weekly. If nothing there looks promising, then the Toys'r'Us in Subang might be the next choice.

No comments: