Monday, February 18, 2008

Measure of Happiness

What does it takes to make me happy?

Not much actually.

A gathering of friends that I regularly meet and those I’m meeting for the first time, sitting together exchanging stories with each other.

An unselfish act of sharing a birthday celebration party when by doing so means that the party will no longer be uniquely theirs anymore.

A selfless sacrifice to organize a such successful and memorable night without even a thought of himself.

Great food both store bought and home made to be savored and appreciated.

The sharing of stories both new and old that gives more insight into the love and lives of the people around you.

Jokes and laughter filling up the room with the sounds of happiness.

A warm hug to tell me how much I am appreciated.

Catching sight of a smile and a lingering look from across the room when no one was looking in hopes that the other person was thinking the same thing you were.


(pic courtesy of Crewcut's FB photo album)

Being able to experience only one of the above would sufficient to make me happy but to have it all in one occasion simply left me overwhelmed by it all. Trying so hard to take it all it, I found it next to impossible to try to convey how meaningful it was all for me that night. It was definitely a night that I will remember and cherish for a long,long time.

Thank you for sacrificing your time to organize the party. Thank you for those who were able to make it to the party, both near and far, and for the wishes for those that would not make it. Thank you for the great food both thoughtfully bought or lovingly made. Thank you for the great time and even better company. Thank you for including me into part of your lives even for just that night and sharing the bounty of joy with me.

Looking around from cloud nine where I’ve been stuck on since Saturday, it’s amazing how wonderful everything is.

6 comments:

Ad said...

m..sekali lagi nak ucapkan 'happy besday'..moga mendapat apa yg dicari...

Nickxandar said...

Ad ...

Thanks *hugs*

[danial][ma] said...

hej! nixx...happy birthday to you...hope not too late to wish you...may you have a wonderful year ahead with all great things...cheers! the cake looks yummy...

Nickxandar said...

Danial ...

Thanks for the wishes! The cake was really yummy ... peach cheesecake which I loved :)

Shah said...

We were honoured to be able to be part of the celebrations that nite. Had such a great time I wish every weekend can be like that :-)

Nickxandar said...

Shah ...

Thanks for being there :) Always a pleasure to spend time with friends for whatever reasons.

If every weekend was like that weekend then we'll have to be spending more time at the gym to burn off all that wonderful food .. kekekeh