Friday, October 12, 2007

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri


To all who will be celebrating it, I would like to wish you “Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri”. Stay safe during the holidays and be careful when driving on the road. Bad enough that every festival in Malaysia comes with a now prerequisite total of road accidents and fatalities. There is no need for any one I know to get added on to the daily Ops Sikap statistics.

For those not celebrating Hari Raya, I hope you’ll take time off to enjoy the long weekend. Of course being in Malaysia, it’s hard to think that you guys won’t get to join in the festivities as well. If you do get a chance, don’t look back and just go for it. Experiencing each other’s culture and festivities is part of what being a Malaysian should be.

I am already back at my parents house in Selayang where I would be celebrating Hari Raya at. Most probably spend a few days here but haven’t really decided since no one made any plans yet. I know that my mum would be traveling abroad for a conference on the 18th so if there will be any out of town traveling, it would be before then. If nothing else comes up, I might just came back to Sunway early and chill out though I would most probably be holed up at the gym trying to burn off all the Raya food that would definitely be tempting me.

Still have a few thing to do around the house before Hari Raya. Mostly cleaning up the house and any last minute items that need to be bought tomorrow. I also need to go and clean up my grandmother and stepmum’s gravesites so both would look presentable when we go to visit on Hari Raya day. Last but not least, I still have to dye my gray hairs back to black (well … actually I’ve been using dark brown). Yes … I admit that the color you see on top of my head comes out of a tube. I wouldn’t mind not dyeing it if my grey hairs came out evenly but unfortunate for me, it comes out in patches all around the head.

I’ll continue to blog this week if the mood strikes me but if I don’t, it’s not because I’ve overdosed on ketupat and rendang. It might be due to me enjoying my time with the family.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri & Maaf Zahir dan Batin !

2 comments:

Ad said...

hi abg..

selamat hari raya..n maaf zahir btn..

tq for the dodol..

wahdi said...

Selamat Hari Raya!
*Maaf Zahir dan Batin