Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Blipvert Roundup

Blipvert #1

Had an early dinner at Dome, KLCC last weekend when I discovered a new favorite thing to order there. Usually I would always order their Cajun Chicken Sandwich but this time around I was a bit more in the mood for pasta and ordered the Aglio e Olio Pasta instead. Turned out it was an inspired choice as it was simply delectable with just the right amount of kick from the chili flakes and garlic. While it’s among the simplest pasta dressing to make, not many places does it justice especially when they skimp at getting the best extra virgin olive oil for the dressing. There is no way to hide the fact that you’re using the cheap stuff in Aglio e Olio Pasta as the olive oil is the main ingredient that flavors the pasta.

I’ll definitely order it again next time I’m there to see if they are any consistent with it. With my current diet, Aglio e Olio Pasta seemed to be the only choice that doesn’t leave me rolling in guilt when I order it.

Blipvert #2

I sent E a text message last week to check if he was still using the last mobile phone number that I got from him. Good thing I did as he was just about to change his number again after leaving the law firm that he was a partner in for a new job. Turns out that his new job is in the Subang area which is not that far from where I work. He is also considering to move his wife and kids with him to Subang Jaya sometime next year so he doesn’t need to commute from Subang to Seremban everyday like he does now. I told him that now that he is closer to where I was there is no reason for us not to get together soon to catch up.

I have to be honest and admit that there was a part of me that just went wild with excitement knowing that he is so close again. Even after all this years, he still affects me that way.

Blipvert #3

I guess that the general elections would be held fairly soon.

How else would you explain the large sign board proclaiming my apartment area as being in the area of a certain political party coming up almost over night at the entrance to my apartments? Given that the other camp of the political equation has supporter bases at the apartment buildings directly opposite mine, it could get interesting as the election date comes nearer.

Blipvert #4

After being foiled again by bad batteries the last time I wanted to use my mum’s camera, I’ve decided to get my own camera the next time I get my yearly bonus hopefully towards the end of the year. I have my eyes set to the Sony DCS T100 camera as I was thinking of getting one that is more of a point and shoot camera and more conveniently sized so I could keep it in my pockets on the ready for the candid shot opportunities. The Sony DSLRs, while do take very good pictures in the hands of those who know how to use it, seemed to bulky and complex for a beginner like me to use.

Maybe when I’m more confident of my photographer’s eyes, I’ll consider trading up to a DSLR camera.

Blipvert #5

I have inavertedly created a Facebook account.

I got an invitation in my email account to join as a friend for a person that I thought worked in my project group. The name was close enough that I didn’t think much about creating the login and to check out her Facebook entry. It turned out that the invitation email was not from the person that I thought it was. Instead it was from some girl that I met once while I was on vacation a few years ago. We met, I was on vacation and she was on a business trip, and we had a meal together once. After returning to KL, we exchanged text messages a couple of times and that was as far as it went. We kind of drifted apart after that first few weeks and I have totally forgotten about it until last week when she wrote to me after I joined her friend list by mistake.

While it might be flattering to know that she still remembers me after all this time, I can’t help but feel a wee bit creeped out that she was able to track me down and now asking for a photo of me.

Update : Now she’s sending me compatibility quizzes to answer. This is a bit too needy than I would like it.

No comments: